On-page optimization, it can be improved by using some effective techniques which are somehow independent of each other but definitely deliver a united benefit. Be it an individual or a group of members who are working on increasing the page rank for a website, these tips discussed in the article below will never disappoint them. These, if applied correctly, can make your web pages work and rank better. Also, this favors the search engine crawlers to detect your site to hike the value of internal pages. Go through this article and spend some time in understanding and employing these effective measures to improve your site.
SEO expand for Search Engine Optimization and is a popular concept that has instilled great improvement in the online running of businesses these days. On a page for an e-commerce website starts from the construction of web pages and employ techniques which can help it rank better by listing down in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). It is seen that the higher a web page’s rank on popular search engines like Google / Bing /Yahoo/ etc., the higher traffic gets directed towards it.
Broadly categorizing, SEO has two categories namely On-Page SEO & Off-Page SEO. The key differences both the types are outlined below:
- On-Page: It refers to all the activities which are done ‘ON’ the website and result in better ranking. This all encompasses internal linking, page titles, and meta tags & descriptions.
- Off-Page: It refers to all the activities which are done ‘OFF’ the website for securing a higher rank on search engines. These tasks include article submission, forum postings, social networking, blog marketing, etc.
Here we are going to discuss all the activities that pertain to on-page for a dynamic website. Some of the effective ways and On-page factors are discussed below:
- The Content of Page: It goes without saying that content in any page makes it worthy to secure a good search result position. Users always come to read the content posted on the web page to know about the company and its related services. So it is always advised to create good content which is drafted keeping in mind the SEO perspective. Good content has the attribute of supplying a demand and is highly linkable.
- Content that Supplies a Demand: Well, generating content which is creative and sets foot on stimulating the demand is graded on high quality. The definition of good content ranges from something that talks about latest beauty fashions, sharing jokes, or high technology articles. It can also be in the form of an informative video, sound clip, image, text, but it must convey high demand to be regarded as good.
- Content which is Linkable: On page social factors also count on the content which is easy to be lined too. From the SEO perspective, content isn’t linkable is considered bad and less likely to be read and shared. Since it is inaccessible, it has a rare chance of ranking on the search engine. So linkable content always works on driving in more traffic to any website.
Some of the key features of an ideally optimized web page are listed below:
- It must spell out the subject multiple times in the entire text content
- It should be hyper-relevant to the topic it is being linked to (this can be a product or any other object)
- It must include a subject in title tag, subject in image alt text, and subject in URL
- The content posted on it must be unique and linked to the given subject
- It must link back to its category page, and if applicable to the subcategory page (If applicable)
- It should also be linked to the homepage
The results for on-page for the static website can be increased by following a number of techniques. Topmost among these that are advised and recommended by SEO experts are discussed here in detail:
Title Tag: This is considered as the best and the most effectual way to use a title tag keeping in mind that the title tag is not longer than 70 characters. Also, bear in mind that the title tallies with the subject given on the page. It is wise to use a long-phrase keyword in the title tag and is counted as an important SEO factor linked to any site. Subsequently, every web page on the site must carry a unique title, with main keywords of that page.
Description Tag: SEO experts advise its smart use. For this webmasters must work on describing the page content and use most competitive keywords in the text. Limit it to 160 characters. Also, never overlook the importance of Meta Descriptions on these pages which are a great source to include relevant keywords in the content.
Keywords Tag: This is even recommended in the on-page optimization guide by Google and Bing webmaster. There are many SEOs that make use of this tag to link the page with other search engines. Take a chance and include only the topmost 5 most competitive keywords within the keyword tag.
Sociability: Adding social media buttons on the site prompts the readers to share our web content on their personal profiles. Web sites that deliver high-end social signals often secure better rankings in the search engines.
Images: Make the sincere effort to make the overall optimization in each image using the ALT and Title Tags. You can start with optimizing the images and making use of smart keywords within the tags. Also, make use of images in the content in a way that makes the site far more visually appealing. This will help in breaking up the boring chunks of text and utilize images to improve the site SEO. Additionally, make sure that every image uploaded carries a title with relevant keywords to facilitate people search for your site on searching on Google Images.
HX (Heading) Tags: On a page for forum website also reacts positively to use HX tags with every main article headings/sections. Make use of h1 for the main headings and leaving others in h2, h3, h4 and list goes on. Work on using the keywords right on the top in the headings and make them visible for the search engines with these HX tags.
Navigation: Irrespective of the fact if it is a text or an image, always ascertain that navigation is crawlable for your site.
Search Engine Friendly URLs: Work on URLs which are free of signs like &, spaces, etc. else they will be categorized as spammy. It is the job of the developer to make URLs look simple to read, small and precise.
Geo-Tagging: Make use of geo-tagging to familiarize the users and search engines with the actual business location.
Content is King: In the SEO industry, content is always regarded highly and can’t be ignored at any cost. In each of the web page, a content limit should be at least 500 words carrying great content quality.
Internal Linking: This will help in engaging the customers who are browsing within the website and work on reducing the bounce rate. Placing links to other website pages also improves the site and makes it easier for the visitors to navigate around the site. This also works on building the relevancy page that is supported by matching keywords and phrases, thus increase the Google PageRank of the web pages. A key method of increasing the internal linking is through content links and permanent navigation links.
External Linking: Apart from internal linking, it is advised to adding links to external highly searched website resources to build good relations in the perspective of search engines. This will further help a site to secure a higher position on the search engines.
Authorship Markups: This enables to take ownership of the content that is being published on a website to boost the trust factor in the eyes of search engines.
XML SITEMAP: Design XML sitemap and link your website to it. To make your website index sooner, submit the sitemap to Google and Bing webmaster tools
Analytics: Setting up the analytics code enables the proper analysis of your website.
robots.txt: This is a text file webmasters that creates to instruct robots in the process of crawling and indexing pages on the site.
Webmaster Tools: Validate the ownership of your website using Google Webmaster Tools which will help in analyzing the on-page validations.
Broken Links: This is a free software application that helps in identifying and fixing the broken links persistent within the web pages.
Hosting: Last but not the least, ensure that your server is up and running 24/7, promising at least 99.9% uptime to secure a good place in the search engines.