Social Media Optimization a term first heard about in 2006, when it was spoken by Mr. Rohit Bhargava in his blog. Search Engine Optimization is used by many companies to rank their sites higher up in the search, when someone searches a word related to the product they sell.
Social Media Optimization became famous when the social media sites took over the lives of people. A lot of the people who were found sitting in front of a television could be found active on a social media website. These websites became popular and were the most used sites.
So, companies wanted to hire people who could help them promote their site or product on a social media website.
This Then Became A Career.
Many people were at that time, earning through a social media website by posting content that brought the social media website more traffic.
Basic rules were established, these rules helped people use social media optimization to its full extent, which extended to more rules, but the basics remained the same.
The Basic Rules Are:
- Increase A Site’s Link-Ability:- A site needs to be updated on a regular basis, which helps the site stay on the search. These updates need to carry words that are searched by the public. This will help keep the site connected to related searches and pull it up in the search list. This is most commonly done by posting blogs.
These blogs are made around the common themes and tagging the site helps the site come on searches of related words.
- Help Make Bookmarking And Tagging Easier:- There should be links on the site that provides the user an option to tag the content to his/her page. These tags can be for Facebook or Twitter, as these links help the site to be promoted on the viewers Facebook and Twitter page. The viewer tags the link of the site to his/her social media page, which brings the site in the presence of other users, thus increasing the traffic.
- Reward Backlink Or Inbound Links:- This is important, there are a lot of other famous sites that allow people to post their blogs and information on them, it helps the promoted site get traffic. Rewarding the sites that help the promoted site is important. This creates a good image of the site owners, then other sites promote to get rewarded. This just helps bring traffic that did not know about the promoted site, increasing the sales.
- Create Pdf’s And Other Small Files:- At times, users just want to download an informative file instead of going through a whole page online. So, creating small files that can be downloaded can help the site reach offline users. The offline files can be transferred to other users who, when online will log onto the site.
- Allow People To Mashup:- Sometimes it is good to allow people to use your content, with your name tagged to it. This helps both the sites get more traffic.
These methods are used to help with Social Media Optimization. A person interested in starting a career in SMO needs to know these basic rules.
A career in SMO is a great option. An SMO expert is highly respected because of his/her knowledge, as most companies are taking the online approach to get more customers. Since, an SMO expert would know which site would suit which product and what kind of SMO post would be required, they are paid a good amount for it.
So, if you want to make a career as an SMO expert, these are the things you should know. Go for it.